Monday, February 19, 2007

30 week OB appointment

Just got back from our 30 week OB checkup and things look good so far! No internal changes, baby's heartbeat sounds good. Always such a relief.

Uffy (our OB) is keeping me on the Indicin, even though he admitted he doesn't know if it's actually doing anything or if it's "voodoo mumbojumbo" - at this point I don't care as long as it's working!

It's amazing to me how exhausted I get on these outings. Even though Jason picks me up right in front of our house and drops me off outside the dr's building, I am panting like a pooped puppy by the time I get to the dr's waiting room. (And I know from panting puppies.)

Some of the exhaustion is just from being big and pregnant, of course, but a lot of it is due to being so weak from bed rest. It is truly scary to me how quickly I lost whatever muscle tone I had, and even more frightening that at the end of this (whenever that may be) I will have two children to care for!

On the way home Jason went by the Starbucks to indulge me in a snack, he's such a sweetie! It was almost a relief to crawl back into the cocoon of my bed, just me, the baby and my venti vanilla creme. Right now it truly is about the small pleasures in life!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nancy,
Chris from Sidelines here (aka fidget's mom)! Nice job on setting up your site - better than I can do that's for sure! Great pics - you have a beautiful family, as well as the pooches.
I am also 30 weeks and can completely relate to how easily you become exhausted. Hang in there, girl! Stay positive!